live simply. so others can simply live.

Monday, December 1, 2008

obsession.

so i have this slight obsession with books. even though i rarely have time to read, as much as i love it. one of my favorite things is independent used book stores (think powells in a 20×20 room), especially the ones that have dollar piles. it’s like a treasure hunt. in a small book store in sheridan one april afternoon this year i found a tolstoy book for .75 cents. it made my heart very happy. i have this horrible habit of starting like 3 or 4 books and taking FOREVER to finish any of them. The current ones i have started are:

Three Cups of Tea

Tolstoy on civil disobdience and non-violence

out of the silent planet

paradise lost

all of which are mostly dense readings. i also have my list of ones i want to read for the first (or eleventh) time. and my list of those books that i have yet to get my hands on. i can honestly say that i have read maybe half of the books currently on my shelves. which is slightly sad when i think about the amount. so yeah… long story short, my goal is to read more.

you should too. we can read together under a tree :)

peace and love.

1 comment:

Jacob said...

I hope you have finished Out Of The Silent Planet by now. It really is a super fantastic book, though I think Perelandra is more interesting from a purely theological standpoint.
I'm trying to start and finish the third book in the series now, it's been a few years...