live simply. so others can simply live.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

wonder as I wander.

Hello all of you in the vast online world. I have at least one point to this post, perhaps more, it usually progresses farther than I originally intended. But first, a change, disclaimer if you will...

I have change the name of my blog. It is now "Wonder as I wander" giving full credit to Josh White and the people at solid rock. I feel it is appropriate. To wander in search of God, in search of faith. I hope that you can join me.

Now, my story.

Whenever you are driving down a road, do you ever see some car that catches your attention? Has some sort of sticker, or obvious quirk that sets it apart? And after seeing said car, continue to see it throughout the next days or even weeks? This indeed happened to me this morning. Maybe I am just weird. Usually I would blame it on the fact that I consider myself an "observer" of people. It might just be the word I use to make myself feel less like a creeper when I watch people (I promise I am not trying to be creepy), but I think that this happens to people that are not just me. Now this may not have a whole lot of significance, and you may in fact be thinking.... "and the point is?"... I have one, I swear. And here it is. Do you ever wonder about the people that you come across when you are just living your daily life? the woman with the kids at target, the guy in the car next to you? Do you ever think about how often you come in contact with this complete stranger without even realizing it? I have been thinking about this more recently. About how we might notice one person, but not the other. The more I think about it, the more amazed I get at how interesting life is, and how absolutely mysterious God is. I have decided that it is a gift to God to notice these people. Whether it be a gift to us, to them, or perhaps both. Either way, I take notice in the people I notice now, and I pray for them. It is really all we can do without knowing anything about them, who they are or what they are going through in that very moment.

So what should you take away from this?
Notice.
Love.
Pray.

that is really all we can do. for now.

peace and love friends.
jess

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Thanks for the thought. There are several vehicles I see on a regular basis as one of those boring commuter people, but my favorite is a white Nissan Sentra that has been modified a little bit to read "Zebra" and has stripes. It's pretty fantastic. Now I will try to think about it more. And pray.